[Tails-l10n] [help needed] Tails l10n for Chinese

Author: jx tsai
To: tails-l10n
CC: md rights
Subject: [Tails-l10n] [help needed] Tails l10n for Chinese
Hi,

After discussing with some friends, we are going to form a Chinese
language team for TAILS. Here are some request for advice and help to
this group.

1. We learn that TAILS also adopting the weblate platform for
collaborative translation (https://translate.tails.boum.org). Can we
ask to add the Chinese language packs ( both in zh-Hans and zh-Hant )
on this platform ? It's easier for other new comers to use it as a
working space for translation.

2. We're also thinking to hold a localization sprint plus cryptoparty
in our communities. I wonder is there any statistics figures available
about TAILS downloads / visitors to TAILS official website from East
Asia (China/ Taiwan/ Hong Kong / Singapore.., these Mandarin
community) ? This info may help us to identify potential users for
outreach and priority of these localization works.

3. Any tips or suggestion for a new language team is highly welcome :)

regards,

jx

--
about.me/jxtsai