Re: [Tails-ux] Porting DAVE to Web Extensions

Author: sajolida
To: Tails user experience & user interface design
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] Porting DAVE to Web Extensions
intrigeri:
> sajolida:
>> intrigeri:
>>> sajolida:
>
> I wanted to start from a common baseline so I tried to reproduce what
> you reported above. I've started Tails 3.0~rc1, started Tor Browser,
> visited http://dl.amnesia.boum.org/tails/stable/tails-i386-2.12/,
> left-clicked the ISO, clicked "Save file" and agreed on the default
> destination path.
>
> Then I've left-clicked the "hamburger" icon → Downloads, right-clicked
> on my ISO download, and clicked "Pause". Then I've waited a bit,
> right-clicked again on my ISO download, and clicked "Resume", which
> did what's written on the box.
>
> So I suspect I (again) didn't understand what input you're asking
> for :(

I didn't find that "Pause" was under a right-click menu and thought that
it was not possible. Hmm... I bet I'm not going to be the only one to
miss it. Interesting UX finding :)

Thanks for finding that out!

So we don't need DAVE to pause and resume but we need people to find out
the option in the right-click menu.

> Still, in case I got the question right, I've tried in Chromium
> (58.0.3029.96-1, Debian unstable). After starting a download, an
> additional status bar is displayed at the bottom of the window.
> In there, I see a button that represents my ongoing download; it has
> an arrow, and if I click it I see a contextual menu with "Pause" (if
> the download isn't paused already) or "Resume" (if the download is
> paused).

Yep. This one I found!!!