Re: [Tails-testers] Tails 3.0~rc1 and Thunderbird

Author: Chre
To: tails-testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] Tails 3.0~rc1 and Thunderbird
Hi,

intrigeri:
> Hi,
>
> Chre:
>> Issue with Thunderbird in 3.0rc1. When I reply a message, new message is
>> empty instead of show original for answer bottom. If I select some piece
>> of message, then reply is ok.
>
> This smells like a prefs migration (from Icedove to Thunderbird)
> problem to me.

Yes, I think also because I have troubles to swtich from Icedove to
Thunderbird (i.e. from 3.0beta4 to 3.0rc1).

> I can't reproduce with a freshly created Thunderbird email account.
>
> Does this happen with *any* message you're replying to, or "only"
> some/most of them?

With *all* messages in my inbox.

> Can you please check the reply/quoting -related prefs in about:config?
> (Preferences → Advanced → Config editor, then filter with "quote"
> first and then with "reply")
>
> In particular:
>
> * What's the value of mail.auto_quote?

I didn't have this one

> * What's the value of mail.identity.default.auto_quote?

It is 'true'

> * Does setting mail.reply_quote_inline to true help?

It is 'false'.
When I put it at 'true', that's ok. And... If I restore 'false' default
value, it is ok too! Strange, but it seems it is ok now.

I've made an observation: when I click on 'reply' button, sometimes it
take some few seconds (4 or 5 seconds) to show original message content.
Maybe from time to time it made long time, perhaps >30s?

>> For example, when reply this message I have: […]
>
> I see lots of weird, non-printable chars in the (snipped) text you
> included. Is the new message really empty, or partly filled with
> weird chars?

Yes, I have this weird chars, and only them in my reply message.

> Cheers,

Cheers.

--
Chre