Re: [Tails-testers] Tails 3.0~rc1 and Thunderbird

Author: intrigeri
To: Tails list for early testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] Tails 3.0~rc1 and Thunderbird
Hi,

Chre:
> Issue with Thunderbird in 3.0rc1. When I reply a message, new message is
> empty instead of show original for answer bottom. If I select some piece
> of message, then reply is ok.

This smells like a prefs migration (from Icedove to Thunderbird)
problem to me.

I can't reproduce with a freshly created Thunderbird email account.

Does this happen with *any* message you're replying to, or "only"
some/most of them?

Can you please check the reply/quoting -related prefs in about:config?
(Preferences → Advanced → Config editor, then filter with "quote"
first and then with "reply")

In particular:

* What's the value of mail.auto_quote?
* What's the value of mail.identity.default.auto_quote?
* Does setting mail.reply_quote_inline to true help?

> For example, when reply this message I have: […]

I see lots of weird, non-printable chars in the (snipped) text you
included. Is the new message really empty, or partly filled with
weird chars?