[Tails-testers] Call for testing: shutdown/reboot of Tails 3…

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-testers
Subject: [Tails-testers] Call for testing: shutdown/reboot of Tails 3.0~rc1
Hi,

Tails 3.0~rc1 entirely replaces our previous implementation of "erase
memory on shutdown", whose robustness was less than stellar to say
the least.

In our tests, the new implementation is amazing: it's super fast and
I've never seen it fail yet. But I have little doubt that exposing it
to a broader set of hardware will highlight some remaining issues.

So, please do test Tails 3.0~rc1, paying particular attention to these
two situations:

* When you shutdown or reboot Tails via the icons in the top-right
GNOME menu
* When you shutdown Tails by unplugging the boot device

And to these factors:

* Does Tails eventually shutdown/reboot as expected?
* How long does the shutdown/reboot take? It should take merely
a few seconds.
* Is the GNOME desktop left visible for more than a couple seconds
after requesting a shutdown/reboot? (#12393)

If you notice any issue, please send a picture or video of your
screen to this mailing list or to me personally.

Thanks!