Re: [Tails-testers] xorg-driver=intel fails to start

Author: intrigeri
To: sneksnek
CC: Tails list for early testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] xorg-driver=intel fails to start
Hi,

sneksnek@???:
> Hi, im reporting on tails 3 beta 4, i have a intel gpu and have
> experienced freezes upon logging into the desktop. They are frequent and
> require rebooting multiple times to get it to load properly. If they dont
> occur then there is no further risk of freezing during the session. There
> doesnt appear to be any pattern to it, i do not interact with the computer
> during its desktop loading process and it will either completely freeze or
> partially freeze.

> 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Haswell-ULT
> Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 0b) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])

I have tested Tails 3.0~beta4 with the exact same graphics controller
and it works fine.

I'm starting Tails from a USB stick created with Tails Installer, and
in my boot settings (F9) I'm selecting "boot from EFI file" and
navigating to the Tails stick → EFI → BOOT → bootx64.efi.

Can you please try doing exactly this (if you started Tails in
a different manner previously), and see if it works better?