Re: [Tails-testers] Report about Tails 3.0~beta1

Author: sajolida
To: Tails list for early testers
New-Topics: Re: [Tails-testers] Report about Tails 3.0~beta3
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] Report about Tails 3.0~beta1
Chre:
> + Tails greeter: maybe it is more useful if we can type root password
> whithout open new window, but directly from main first window?

There are currently three options marked as additional settings:

- MAC Spoofing
- Administration Password
- Network Configuration

All three have solid scenarios in which users need to enable them each
time (for example, I use always use bridges). And we might possibly add
more options in the future. We decided to hide them from the main screen
to make it simpler by default as they are not needed in the most basic
configuration. It's a usability trade-off: simpler for basic usage and
time timers but a bit more painful for advanced usage and expert users.

My secret plan is to hopefully move MAC Spoofing and Network
Configuration inside the session once we have [1] and the, if
"Administration Password" is still left alone in Additional Settings we
might have to review our position and find another design. But
unfortunately this won't happen any time soon...

[1]: https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/network_connection/