[More-than-a-BSP] 2017-02-07 meeting report

Autore: intrigeri
To: more-than-a-bsp
Oggetto: [More-than-a-BSP] 2017-02-07 meeting report
Hi,

we just had the planned meeting. Attendees: spriver, intrigeri.

We started by looking at the work that has been done since the
last meeting, i.e.:

* We reviewed and improved the draft announcement:
https://wiki.debian.org/BSP/2017/05/fr/Paris/Announcement … and
please consider doing the same by the end of the week.

* We reviewed and improved the code of conduct and the header that
points to it (to be included in the announcement etc.):
https://wiki.debian.org/BSP/2017/05/fr/Paris#Code_of_Conduct

* We updated various action items wrt. recent progress and
discussions that happened at FOSDEM.
See https://wiki.debian.org/BSP/2017/05/fr/Paris to learn more (by
the way one can subscribe to a wiki page and get email
notifications).

We discussed a bit how to handle sponsorship, and came up with a rough
criteria: https://wiki.debian.org/BSP/2017/05/fr/Paris#Finances

We identified the blockers for announcing the event, and as a result
postponed the announcement to February 15-18. The blockers we could
think of are:

* ACTION: Geb investigates to find a easy way for people to register
(account creation on this wiki currently requires emailing the
admins)

 * TBD: document how one can ask for sponsorship
   * last year for DebConf, the question was asked in some quite
     well-thought way, i.e. something like "if you had to pay yourself,
     what would be the impact on your life? would you have to save
     money in advance specifically to be able to attend? would it be
     completely impossible?" etc.; we should do something similar
   * ACTION: Geb integrates this question into the registration form
   * ACTION: intrigeri points to the registration form from the
     announcement

* ACTION: intrigeri gets a quote from a hostel where we could book
a dormitory or similar for 20 people, for the entire week-end
* ACTION: intrigeri prepares a budget then asks the DPL [WIP]

* TBD: review the draft /Announcement
* TBD: translate the announcement into French

 * ACTION: Geb will coordinate communication & publicity, and start to
   spread the word around Feb 15-18
   * We first want to reach out for the less-geeky/more diverse people
     => TBD: sort spreadsheet

Needless to say, help is welcome for any "TBD", and at least some of
my "ACTION" items are available for anyone who wants them :)

spriver will coordinate the next XMPP meeting scheduling process.