Re: [Tails-testers] TAILS-3 - alpha testing collaborating

Author: intrigeri
To: Tails list for early testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] TAILS-3 - alpha testing collaborating
Ilia Alexeev:
> *Can you tell about the security level of an alpha in its comparison
> with the ordinary version - when and where this is relevant for the
> Tor Browser?

Tails 3.0 alpha versions are *not* supported releases; they have no
security support. This means they won't be updated to fix security
issues; that includes Tor Browser ones.

But Tails 3.0 beta versions will get the same *security* support as
the 2.x series; I hope this can start at the end of January.

> The second and related question, please, is: are there a way to upgrade the
> Tor Browser up to it secure version in case YOU will NOT issue *upgrade* or
> a *new build of alpha* with *secure updates* ?

No, that's not supported.