[Tails-testers] Request for JavaFX on Tails 3.0

Author: Collin Sullivan
To: tails-testers
Subject: [Tails-testers] Request for JavaFX on Tails 3.0
Hi there,

I tested Tails 3.0~alpha1 recently and wanted to put in a request. For
a long time we've been trying to find an easy way for Martus to work
on Tails. We've managed a bunch of workarounds, one of which has
involved using a non-system version of Java because up until now Tails
shipped with Java 7, and Martus requires Java 8.

I was really excited to see OpenJDK 8 included in Tails 3.0! It moved
us a step closer to an easier implementation. The continuing problem
is that Martus' interface libraries require JavaFX, and I wanted to
request that it be included in the release if possible. It would make
it a lot easier for us to get Martus into the hands of human rights
defenders who need to work in a more secure environment like Tails.

Happy to answer any questions, thanks so much!

Cheers,
Collin

- --
Collin Sullivan
Human Rights Outreach Associate
Benetech Human Rights Program

Email:  collin.s@???
GPG:    0x35F83A6678657D4D
XMPP:   collin.sullivan@???
OTR:    A0946621 68E641FA 4DFBF9F0 10B20AA9 88601348
        11C7957D 5A99DAF7 1D0DD4BC EE243287 943AD67A

Twitter: @MartusProject

https://www.benetech.org - Technology Serving Humanity
https://www.martus.org - Martus Human Rights Bulletin System