Re: [Tails-dev] Suggestion to hep with exploit mitigation...

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Suggestion to hep with exploit mitigation...
Tails:
> What means, first to enhance QEMU. In general (without ARM and QEMU)
> this is - as far as I understood - the idea of the QubeOS.

Right. The biggest challenge here is integrating the isolation by
virtualization without harming user experience too much. If/once we
have that, using x86 or ARM virtual machines might be a detail.

We have no clear long-term plans wrt. isolation by virtualization.

This topic raises many questions, for example because I doubt we'll
want to raise hardware requirements significantly, so requiring VT-x
and/or VT-d is probably a non-starter for the primary use cases
supported by Tails. We're in the process of organizing a meeting with
Qubes OS, Whonix and Subgraph; my personal top priority there will be
to discuss this very topic, and get a better idea of what we could do,
how, and when.