Re: [Tails-project] Donation campaign: final blog post

Author: intrigeri
Subject: Re: [Tails-project] Donation campaign: final blog post
hi,

sajolida:
> Could some of you review the short blog post I drafted as a final update
> on the donation campaign:

Here we go, regarding the maths:

* the amount doesn't seem to take into account the donations we've
received in cash specifically thanks to our campaign; see
accounting.git
* the Bitcoin amount seems super low; why not take into account what
we've received during the first 10 days of the campaign (i.e.
when we received most of the Bitcoin we got)?
* I'm not convinced by the use of guess work (applying a pro rata) to
build a number that is meant to be what we have received, but
I don't care enough to argue about it.
* I'm not sure about the conversion of the BTC we got into USD using
today's rate; it represents neither what these BTC costed to the
donors, nor the amount we'll be able to get out of them.
So I would suggest we instead say "$X and Y btc" (perhaps with
a total using a conversion that's explicitly at today's rate).
Just my 2 cts, I won't argue about it further.

And regarding the rest of the content:

* Seems good! I've pushed two small fixes.
* I'd rather point to the Secure Desktops subassembly
(https://events.ccc.de/congress/2016/wiki/Assembly:Secure_Desktops)
than to the anarchist village.