Re: [Tails-testers] I can not continue to work with 3.0 with…

Author: intrigeri
To: Tails list for early testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] I can not continue to work with 3.0 without this:
sajolida:
> The Book Bar Kamtza. 2007:
>> I need configure the torcc for my needs. In the 2.* I does this in root
>> termnal --> gedit. Now I get error message "no protocol specified. Unable
>> to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused
>> (gedit:5265): Gtk-Warning**: cannot open display: :1".

Thanks for your report! I can reproduce this on current Debian sid.
This is an important regression, so I've filed a ticket about it:
https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/12000

>> I will be very happy if You make it be possible to save into persistence
>> the config-files of Florence (virtual keyboard), languages set, torcc -
>> these settings must be performed on EVERY boot :(

I think we're tracking all these already as low-priority tasks,
except:

* Florence: what exact configuration changes do you need?
* torrc: we'll never support persisting torrc entirely, but if you
get into the specifics of what option you need in there, it can be
discussed

> Are you affected by this issue?
> https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/11921

(We're drifting off-topic here, but well, let's close this sub-thread.
I think that's unrelated: in this report, the root terminal could
clearly be started, otherwise the gedit startup failure can't possibly
happen. Which confirms that #11921 has never been a thing, but that's
no news to me. Whatever :)