Re: [Tails-testers] Question

Author: sajolida
To: Tails list for early testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] Question
Matthew Gismondi:
> I've been having some issues with Tails 2.5 that came out in the
> latest Linux magazine about security. When I try to download the 3.0
> alpha from your main page, it keeps failing. I noticed the link
> points to a mirror, and I'm wondering if there are other mirror sites
> available? Or direct download?

Yes, we have plenty of mirrors and maybe reloading the page or
restarting your browser will point you to a different one. Note that
we're monitoring our mirrors and none seems really broken right now.

You can also try:

http://dl.amnesia.boum.org/tails/alpha/tails-amd64-3.0~alpha1/.

> I'm guessing it might just be running out of memory since it's a live
> boot, which is something that tends to happen. Are there files that
> could somehow get inflated and take up all the extra space? Or is
> there an easy way to increase the amount of free space available for
> downloads on a live boot?

The download is 1GB so if you don't have that much memory, maybe try to
download to a USB stick instead of RAM.