Re: [Tails-project] Redesign of the donate page

Author: sajolida
Subject: Re: [Tails-project] Redesign of the donate page
sajolida:
>>> 3. Wrote a text for the left part, filling up the white space.
>>> I actually wrote that a while ago and I thought I sent it to you in my
>>> previous email but apparently I didn't...
>>
>> I like it. Maybe this is important enough to be reviewed by native
>> English language geeks?
>
> I'll ask Gemini Matt then.

Hi Matt,

We're in the process of redesigning our donation page for Tails. We have
little native English speakers in the team, so we thought about asking
you to review this piece of text (as it's pretty important).

Could you have a look?

It's highly inspired from the text of Wikipedia last year [1] (maybe too
much).

[1]:
https://donate.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:FundraiserLandingPage&country=XX&uselang=en&utm_medium=sidebar&utm_source=donate&utm_campaign=C13_en.wikipedia.org

The rendering of the page is there:

https://mailman.boum.org/pipermail/tails-project/attachments/20160911/397386a7/attachment-0004.png

And the HTML source is here:

<h2>Tails is free because nobody should have to pay to be safe while
using computers.</h2>

<h3>But we need your support to stay alive!</h3>

computers safely. But we know that secure tools need to be free
software to be reliable and relevant in all situations. That's why we
are giving out Tails for free.</p>

done for the whole year. But not everybody can donate. And that's
fine. We just need some of you to give to keep on providing such a
secure platform for everybody.</p>

as they make Tails more independent from government and corporate
funding.</p>

Tails.</p>