Re: [Tails-dev] Failing to build the iso

Author: nodens
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Failing to build the iso
Le 06/09/2016 à 11:56, u a écrit :
>> On 09/05/2016 02:41 PM, bertagaz wrote:
>>> From the build logs, it seems you're trying to build from the master
>>> branch, which is not supported. If you want to build an ISO, you should
>>> build a branch based on stable or devel.
>>
>> thanks bertagaz! i wasn't aware of that, it works now ;)
>
> If it's not in the documentation, might somebody please add it there then?

It is, kinda: "You will need to clone the Tails Git repository, and to
checkout the branch that you want to build (most likely, not master)".
It could probably be clearer (I stumbled upon it myself), but it is
immediately followed by a link to the repo description pages, which
explain clearly that the master branch is mostly used for the website
and not the system.

Cheers !

--
nodens