Re: [Tails-dev] Changing default order in Nautilus

Author: u
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Changing default order in Nautilus
Hi!

Ulrich Viefhaus:
(sorry I'm copying your answer *under* the text again :)))

>> Do we agree that this setting, when using Nautilus in Debian, for
>> example, is saved in a hidden file in the user's home directory whenever
>> the user changes it from default? And that nautilus verifies this
>> whenever I reenter the same directory (thus remembering what I chose
>> before)?
>>
>> In that case this should / could be done in persistence (maybe it is
>> already, i did not verify) - not through a setting which would be proper
>> to Tails and differ from upstream. We do not ever want to have such
>> delta with upstream.

> dconf uses more than one settings database but the user-db in the user
> directory is preferred. It is stored in the .dconf folder of the home
> directory. The settings are saved, as long as you have configured your
> persistent storage to include the dot-files in your home directory.
> Nautilus is aware of that settings, if you change it.
> This can be done by the user and does not need Tails to differ from
> upstream in the default configuration.

Thank you for your explanations.

So there is indeed a possibility for each user to store their own
settings as long as they have configured persistence. No need to differ
from upstream unless there is a strong reason to do so, as intrigeri
already said.

Cheers!
u.