Re: [Tails-project] Unixstickers collaboration proposal

Author: intrigeri
To: agnese
CC: Stefano, Public mailing list about the Tails project
Subject: Re: [Tails-project] Unixstickers collaboration proposal
Hi,

agnese@??? wrote (01 Jun 2016 14:45:21 GMT) :
> sorry for the late reply, we’ll surely provide you the vector files of
> the graphics once they’ll be both approved (here attached is the badge
> with the requested font).

Thanks!

> As for the terms of license to be made clear, it is already stated on
> our website that all logos and trademarks are property of their
> respective owners, so whenever you won’t deem our stickers conform to
> your guidelines anymore we’ll surely change them accordingly. Let us
> know if this is enough or if you were thinking of something more
> specific.

I think you're addressing the topic of copyright here, which is
a great first step!

But I was rather asking about the terms of the license of the derived
work you created, and will distribute, based on our GPL material.
I'm sorry I don't have time right now to elaborate, but in short and
super-simplified: your derived material must be licensed under the
terms of a GPL-compatible license, which implies that 1. the license
must be made clear wherever you distribute the derived work; and 2.
you need to make the source (preferred form of modification) and
a copy of the GPL available to anyone who gets the resulting logo
or sticker.

I suspect the FSF website has more comprehensive explanations of all
this GPL topic, sorry I don't have time right now to look for
a suitable link to point you to :/