Re: [Hackmeeting] Talk proposal: FIREFUND

Poista viesti

Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Rachele Grasshopper
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: hackmeeting
Aihe: Re: [Hackmeeting] Talk proposal: FIREFUND
Seems interesting to me.

Il 20/05/2016 13:35, Karl Kristiansen ha scritto:
> Facilitating money-accumulation for solidarity and direct action is
> not a straight-forward task. One thing is the basic technical
> infrastructure, which we would love to include in the presentation
> for review and critique. Another thing is the ‘soft-side’ of
> organizing a succesful crowdfunding platform for the international
> left - how do we actually make campaign succeed as a international
> community, without removing the direct relationsship between
> activists and donors, without censurship and eurocentrism, without
> letting fascists use the platform, without getting shut down or
> worse; endangering our users freedom.

These points I think are most interesting to many of us (but I don't
want to talk on behalf of others, wait for moar replies), namely those
questions concerned about how to collectively manage wealth, both from
the technical and the social/communicative standpoints.

It seems to me that the effectiveness of a struggle driven by
individuals, collectives, national/continental movements and up... can
be measured by the amount of money it gets redistributed (we are 99%),
hence my supposed adequacy of FireFund-like projects for all (h)acktivists.

rakk