Re: [Tails-ux] Tails Server GUI Design

Author: sajolida
To: segfault, George Kadianakis, anonym, Tails user experience & user interface design
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] Tails Server GUI Design
segfault:
> sajolida:
>>
>> And finally, as a note for the future, maybe we can do something smart
>> with the empty screen with "Add a service", maybe explaining what Tails
>> Server is all about.
>
> Users would not be able to view this once they added a service. I'm not
> sure if hiding an explanation without the option of getting it back is
> good design.

In Onion Circuits we have a messages saying "Click on a circuit for more
detail about its Tor relay".

In Online Accounts GNOME, below the button "Add an online account" there
is a message saying "Adding an account allows your applications to
access it for documents, mail, contacts, calendar, chat and more."

It looks a lot like our scenario: people might start Tails Server
without knowing what it is and we could use this empty space to be
helpful for them. Once they added a service they don't need that
information anymore. But they can still get it back if they remove all
the configured services.

Online Accounts looks quite a lot like what we are trying to do. It has
a similar layout and a list of possible accounts when you click on "Add
an online account".