Re: [Tails-dev] ebuild for tails-installer

Author: Austin English
To: The Tails public development discussion list
CC: arjen
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] ebuild for tails-installer
On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 7:50 AM, sajolida <sajolida@???> wrote:
> Miguel Angel Marco Buzunariz:
>> If you want to include this information in the web page, and need
>> some further explanations, please contact me.
>
> The way our documentation (eg https://tails.boum.org/install/debian/usb)
> is built is both quite complicated and new. So I want to take some time
> to think about how integrating new package in other distros. I didn't
> expect this to go this fast! :)
>
> I create https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/11080 to track this.
>
> Once Gentoo is documented I think it will be easier to add more distros
> in there.
>
>> However, I think roght now it would be better to wait and see if
>> Austin English can manage to include the ebuild in the main portage
>> tree, which would make the process even simpler.
>
> I'm glad I'll have a bit more time to work on #11080 :)

Hi all, sorry for the delay, upstream took a while to get me commit
access. I've committed a modified version of Miguel's ebuild for
tails-installer-4.4.8 [1]. Many thanks to Miguel for writing it!

Gentoo users can now simply:

# emerge tails-installer

to install tails. Depending on the user's portage settings, they may
need to unmask the package before it will install. Once it's been in
for 30 days with no open bugs, it can be stabilized, at which point no
workaround is needed.

[1] https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/commit/0135da7291c4ad7df83d763db304416ce3d93ad1

--
-Austin