Re: [Tails-l10n] (de) German stylistic improvements

Author: spriver
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] (de) German stylistic improvements
Hi,

u:
> Hi,
>
> spriver:
>> General:
>> -I spotted some places where "Leerzeichen in Komposita"[0] aka.
>> "Deppenleerzeichen" is being used. Shall we get rid of them? I'd
>> volunteer to go over all translations in the doc and spot all the places
>> where this is the case. Shall we change our style then?
>
> yes please.

Added to my to-do list ;) Should be quite some work as I think that I'd
have to go other each single page for that. Good work for nightshifts ;)

>> -I think that at some places the "Apostroph" is getting used also wrong
>> [1]. But it's much harder to find them, at least for me (if someone has
>> a one-liner for that, go ahead! (: I could not find any )
>>
>> Tails OpenPGP Applet:
>>
>> -there are some things that I'd like to get changed in the application
>> itself (e.g. "Zwischenablage mit Öffentlichem Schlüssel verschlüsseln"
>> -> "Zwischenablage mit öffentlichem Schlüssel verschlüsseln"). But for
>
> This sounds reasonable.

I assume that the upstream is getting translated via Transifex? I
grabbed the sources of the package and in the .po there is some
Transifex stuff at the beginning of the file. How should we fix the
translation then?

>> -in the doc we say "Tails OpenPGP Applet". IMHO we should change this,
>> too. (e.g. "OpenPGP-Applet von Tails" or "Tails-OpenPGP-Applet" and
>> later just "OpenPGP-Applet"). What do you think?
>
> Hm, the OpenPGP-Applet now being available also in Debian, I'd vote for
> calling it only "OpenPGP-Applet".

Ack. I'd also vote to just call it "OpenPGP-Applet" now. Maybe the
english original should also get fixed? Shall I open a ticket for this task?

Cheers!
spriver