Re: [Tails-l10n] (de) German stylistic improvements

Author: u
To: tails-l10n
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] (de) German stylistic improvements
Hi,

spriver:
> General:
> -I spotted some places where "Leerzeichen in Komposita"[0] aka.
> "Deppenleerzeichen" is being used. Shall we get rid of them? I'd
> volunteer to go over all translations in the doc and spot all the places
> where this is the case. Shall we change our style then?

yes please.

> -I think that at some places the "Apostroph" is getting used also wrong
> [1]. But it's much harder to find them, at least for me (if someone has
> a one-liner for that, go ahead! (: I could not find any )
>
> Tails OpenPGP Applet:
>
> -there are some things that I'd like to get changed in the application
> itself (e.g. "Zwischenablage mit Öffentlichem Schlüssel verschlüsseln"
> -> "Zwischenablage mit öffentlichem Schlüssel verschlüsseln"). But for

This sounds reasonable.

> -in the doc we say "Tails OpenPGP Applet". IMHO we should change this,
> too. (e.g. "OpenPGP-Applet von Tails" or "Tails-OpenPGP-Applet" and
> later just "OpenPGP-Applet"). What do you think?

Hm, the OpenPGP-Applet now being available also in Debian, I'd vote for
calling it only "OpenPGP-Applet".

> Greeter:
> I don't have a Tails with configured persistence at hand right now, but
> IIRC the wording was different from "beständiger Speicherbereich". But
> I'm not sure about this ;)

We should check this.

> Another thing that is not a German thing; could the application poedit
> get moved into the category "Office" in the GNOME menu? It's the only
> application in "Development" and by doing this we could save the whole
> section "Development". Or is the categorizing a thing Debian or GNOME does?

That I don't know, but this is more suitable for tails-dev. Somebody
also said that having MAT not under "Utilities" is sad and I agree.
I am forwarding this now to tails-dev.

Cheers!
u.