Re: [Tails-l10n] (discuss)[de] Tails installer: inline pages

Autor: flapflap
Para: tails-l10n
Temas novos: Re: [Tails-l10n] (pull)[de] Tails installer: inline pages
Asunto: Re: [Tails-l10n] (discuss)[de] Tails installer: inline pages
spriver:
> Hi,
>
> flapflap:
>> spriver:
>>> Hi,
>>> thanks for reviewing. I liked your change from "letztendlich" to
>>> "endgültig". Muri and me used "letztendlich" quite often in the
>>
>> I also thought about "letztendlich" a bit and I'm not quite sure why I
>> picked "endgueltig" then. I think both are semantically ok, though,
>> "endgueltig" sounded somehow nicer to me.
>
> I'm all fine with endgültig. Sounds also nicer to me ;)

Ok. In case not already done so, please add this to your todo-list of
the things to unify after the majority of the Tails Installer pages have
been translated and merged. Thanks!

>>> Installation assistant, so I'll put this on my To-Do list to change this
>>> at all places we used it yet? (ofc if the others agree ;) )
>>
>> Probably another thing to track is
>> "Tails [unter win/linux/...] auch *einem*? USB-Stick installieren"
>> *einem* should be *einen* (i.e. accusative instead of dative case), if
>> I'm not mistaken.
>
> You're absolutely right. I will add this to my list, we can use it for
> all the next translations, in the next weeks I'll create a branch and
> apply all changes we decided upon an then release it for review if
> that's okay for you (:

Ack

>> Another change that could affect more pages is "zwischenzeitlich" ->
>> "vorübergehend". If I'm doing a reverse translation de->en, I'd
>> translate it as "meanwhile/in the meantime" -> "transient", where IMHO
>> the latter is closer to "intermediate".
>> I understand the sentences as "we need to install a Tails that will be
>> deleted/not needed in the long run and the second Tails is the one you
>> actually want to use". Literally, "zwischenzeitlich" means "between two
>> points in time" and "voruebergehend" means sth like "passing" or
>> "preliminary". I think both words are possible, for example, the
>> intermediate Tails is used between first install and the second one.
>> However, I feel like "voruebergehend" puts the focus on the fact that it
>> will be gone after some time, hence, I used "voruebergehend"
>> ("vorlaeufig" could be another option. That's actually quite interesting
>> since both contain a word of movement (laufen, gehen) :)
>> (even more options would be "kurzfristig" and "langfristig" but they
>> don't fit in this context. Maybe we should prepare a poll at Logan CIJ
>> Symposium, so people with more language background could judge :D)
>
> I understand. Thanks for the quite useful explanation (: I also like
> "vorübergehend" more now. It also sounds better in combination with
> "endgültig". "Vorübergehend" is something that will pass and then will
> result in "endgültig". Yay (:

(probably, also add this to your todo-list; thanks)

>>> Regarding "unter Nutzung"= "durch xyz installiert" resp. "mit Hilfe":
>>> afaik we agreed upon using "unter Nutzung" someday, but I cannot recover
>>> if that was on this mailing list or at all. Perhaps this was also just
>>
>> I think I recall some discussion about that. Feel free to keep "unter
>> Nutzung" or whatever makes it consistent with the other pages; I lost
>> track of all the recent translations...
>
> So let's use "unter Nutzung" for all cases where something is done using
> some operating system. One is using an OS and starting it completely, so
> I'd say "unter Nutzung von $OS"...
> But I also thought that "mit Hilfe" suits better for applications and
> "unter Nutzung von" fits nicer to an OS? What do you think? (we use "mit
> Hilfe" already for applications at some places in the doc)

I agree.

>> In case of
>>   "Falls es nicht möglich ist, den USB-Stick zu aktualisieren, weil
>>    dieser nicht unter Nutzung des Tails Installers installiert wurde,"
>> I changed it to
>>   "...weil dieser nicht durch den Tails Installer installiert wurde"
>> to get rid of the nominalisation because it made me stumble a bit when
>> reading the sentence.  But as above, feel free to revert that change if
>> it makes it consistent with the wording of the rest of the pages.

> ...and use different terms in places where it fits better. (e.g. I think
> "unter Nutzung" fits better for titles, at least I think).

Ack.

[snip]
> I hope I did not forget anything now ;) if not and you're okay we can
> pull this branch then (since your changes to the pages are okay then).

I'm d'accord. Am I correct, that we agreed to my last version in that
branch without new modifications?
That would be:

https://gitlab.com/flapflap/tails.git
branch: spriver-de_install_inline
HEAD commit: 2162b527 review

If that's the correct version, please change the subject to (pull) then.
Thanks.

Cheers,
~flapflap