Re: [Tails-dev] Onion Circuits upstream maintenance

Author: Sascha Steinbiss
To: intrigeri
CC: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Onion Circuits upstream maintenance
Hi all,

> do you already have a plan wrt. how Onion Circuits shall be maintained
> upstream, e.g. who is handling proposed contributions?

[...]
> I'm asking because I noticed that Sascha (who did most of the
> packaging work for Debian so far) has marked a patch he authored as
> "Forwarded: via email" (in passing, Sascha: it seems useful to replace
> "via email" with the actual email address you forwarded to),
> presumably forwarded to you privately.

Just for the record, I have improved that patch before sending any email
after an additional suggestion from pabs. I also opened a new ticket in
the Tails Redmine (#11203) regarding that issue (also updating
Forwarded: tag in the Debian package to the corresponding Redmine URL
[1]) and attached the patch there. All changes to the Debian package are
now in the pkg-privacy team's git as well.

I noticed other tickets regarding Onion Circuits in the Redmine recently
(#11192, #11195, #11173, ...) so to me this looked like the 'canonical'
way of contributing to Onion Circuits development. So if this approach
is OK with you then I will be happy to continue doing so in the future
to keep my upstream contributions open and visible.

Cheers
Sascha

[1] https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/11203