Re: [Tails-dev] Heads up! Upgrade your ISO build setup to Je…

Author: Austin English
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Heads up! Upgrade your ISO build setup to Jessie
On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 3:36 AM, anonym <anonym@???> wrote:
> Austin English:
>> On 02/22/2016 07:02 AM, intrigeri wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> anonym just merged the branch for #9262 aka. "Port our ISO build
>>> system to Jessie", so if you have an ISO build setup, you need to
>>> upgrade it:
>>>
>>> * manual build system
>>>
>>>    See the updated doc: https://tails.boum.org/contribute/build/#manual

>>> * Vagrant (untested)
>>>
>>>    rake vm:destroy
>>>    rm -r vagrant/.vagrant
>>>    rake vm:up

>>> Please report any issues to us :)
>>>
>>> JFTR, our Jenkins ISO builders have been upgraded yesterday already.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>
>> It broke vagrant for me:
>
> Argh!
>
> Spoiler: once we're based on vagrant-libvirt (#6354) the Vagrant build
> env should be stable since most (all?) developers will switch to it, and
> our Jenkins build slaves as well.
>
>> [default] Waiting for machine to boot. This may take a few minutes...
>> rake aborted!
>
> This was also the error you (and me!) got when using Sid's incompatible
> version of net-ruby-ssh. Can you please try
>
>     sudo apt-get install ruby-net-ssh/jessie

> and then remove your current broken instance (execute from the Tails
> source root dir):
>
>     rake vm:destroy
>     rm -r vagrant/.vagrant

> and then
>
>     rake vm:up

> If this fixed your issue you may want to pin jessie's version of this
> package so this situation won't return every time you update your system.
>
> Cheers!

So I was using:
austin@debian-laptop:~$ dpkg -l | grep ruby-net-ssh
ii  ruby-net-ssh                           1:3.0.1-3
          all          Ruby implementation of the SSH protocol

Now using:
austin@debian-laptop:~/src/tails$ dpkg -l | grep ruby-net-ssh
ii  ruby-net-ssh                           1:2.9.1-1
          all          Ruby implementation of the SSH protocol

will pin that, thanks.
--
-Austin