Re: [Tails-dev] Heads up! Upgrade your ISO build setup to Je…

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Heads up! Upgrade your ISO build setup to Jessie
Austin English:
> On 02/22/2016 07:02 AM, intrigeri wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> anonym just merged the branch for #9262 aka. "Port our ISO build
>> system to Jessie", so if you have an ISO build setup, you need to
>> upgrade it:
>>
>> * manual build system
>>
>>    See the updated doc: https://tails.boum.org/contribute/build/#manual

>> * Vagrant (untested)
>>
>>    rake vm:destroy
>>    rm -r vagrant/.vagrant
>>    rake vm:up

>> Please report any issues to us :)
>>
>> JFTR, our Jenkins ISO builders have been upgraded yesterday already.
>>
>> Cheers,
>
> It broke vagrant for me:

Argh!

Spoiler: once we're based on vagrant-libvirt (#6354) the Vagrant build
env should be stable since most (all?) developers will switch to it, and
our Jenkins build slaves as well.

> [default] Waiting for machine to boot. This may take a few minutes...
> rake aborted!

This was also the error you (and me!) got when using Sid's incompatible
version of net-ruby-ssh. Can you please try

    sudo apt-get install ruby-net-ssh/jessie

and then remove your current broken instance (execute from the Tails
source root dir):

    rake vm:destroy
    rm -r vagrant/.vagrant

and then

    rake vm:up

If this fixed your issue you may want to pin jessie's version of this
package so this situation won't return every time you update your system.

Cheers!