[Tails-dev] Serverless chat [Was: Requirements for a Pidgin …

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: [Tails-dev] Serverless chat [Was: Requirements for a Pidgin replacement]
ghostlands@??? wrote (08 Feb 2016 09:01:59 GMT) :
> Would this be an acceptable point to introduce the suggestion of a serverless
> communicator of some kind being included?

Yes, thanks for caring about this problem!

Earlier in this thread we agreed to treat "D. One-to-one chat that
protects metadata end-to-end" separately, mostly because in the
current state of things, it can't be addressed with the same tools as
the candidates we have to replace Pidgin ⇒ I'm renaming
this subthread.

On the Ricochet side of things, you'll want to have a look at
https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/8173, and in particular at the
last set of updates.

Cheers!