Re: [Tails-dev] ebuild for tails-installer

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] ebuild for tails-installer
Miguel Angel Marco Buzunariz:
> I have uploaded the ebuild to https://github.com/miguelmarco/tails-installer-ebuild
>
> If someone has access to a gentoo box, please test it.
>
> If furthermore someone maintains a gentoo overlay, or any other place were it
> makes sense to offer an ebuild, please feel free to include it.

Hi Miguel,

I never used Gentoo myself so I won't be able to test this.

But I wrote the new set of installation instructions [1] and I wonder
when and how we should document tails-installer for Gentoo in there.

So, what would be the process for the official inclusion of
tails-installer in Gentoo? What needs to happen before a regular Gentoo
user can use your work?

Once this happen, I'd like to get some basic instructions so I can maybe
test this in a Gentoo live CD and then I'll propose something to
document this in [1].

[1]: https://tails.boum.org/install/