Re: [Tails-dev] ebuild for tails-installer

Author: u
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] ebuild for tails-installer
Hi,

Austin English:
> On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 6:14 AM, <mmarco@???> wrote:
>>> Hi, all
>>>
>>> Since the recent announcement of tails-installer package for
>>> debian, I thought it could be cool to have packages for other
>>> distros. In particular I use gentoo, so writing an ebuild
>>> shouldn't be really hard (it is basically a script that downloads
>>> the code, compiles and installs it). I could do it myself, but I
>>> haven't found the location of the source code of tails-
>>> installer.

This sounds like a good idea!

>>> Is it in the full repo of tails or does it have a specific repo
>>> somewhere else?
> Hi Miguel,
>
> I was going to do to the same, and asked on IRC yesterday, but
> didn't get a reply until this morning:
> https://git-tails.immerda.ch/liveusb-creator

fyi, the feature/jessie branch contains the latest version of the code
while the master branch contains the old version of the installer (which
we distributed in Tails/wheezy).

The debian/sid and tails/jessie branches contain our latest packaging
versions.

We also have some documentation on these branches and tags:
https://tails.boum.org/contribute/release_process/tails-installer/

Please keep us posted if you package this for another distribution, we
could put this in our news :)

Cheers!
u.