Re: [Tails-testers] 2.0~rc1

Author: sajolida
To: exit-1
CC: Tails list for early testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] 2.0~rc1
exit-1:
> On 2016-01-15 10:40, sajolida wrote:
>> exit-1:
>> But we'd be happy to see if we can maybe solve the reasons that
>> prevented you from switching to Icedove.
>
> Thanks Sajolida
> Here's a few of the main reasons Icedove is not for me at the moment:
>
> * 'Fetch headers only' doesn't work - blank download means retrieving
> the message from the server

I see a "Fetch headers only" advertised in Account Settings → Server
Settings. If it doesn't fetch the headers only then maybe this is a bug
and would be worth investigating, reporting, and fixing. What exactly
happens when this option is selected? I'm not sure to understand what
you mean by "blank download".

> * There's no download message size limiter - good when data restrictions
> need considering

In Account Settings → Disk Space I see an option "To save disk space, do
not download messages larger than [ ] KB". Did you try this? Does it do
something else than what you expect?

> * Headers display incorrectly - seems to freeze on one message when
> selecting others.

When I do View → Headers → All, I can see all the headers in the section
between the list of messages and the body of the message, and moving up
and down in the list of messages updated the header correctly. Can you
describe better what's not working as you expect?

> I have really tried getting on with Icedove. I need a dependable client
> in my everyday work. I'm no great fan of Claws, however its usability
> and functionality is far better.

I also rely on my email client in Tails everyday (actually to do all my
contributions to Tails) and I switched to Icedove about one year ago
because I found Claws too buggy and slow :)