Re: [Tails-testers] 2.0~rc1

Author: exit-1
To: sajolida
CC: Tails list for early testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] 2.0~rc1
On 2016-01-15 10:40, sajolida wrote:
> exit-1:
>> Hello Tails Testers
>>
>> I have tried to get on with Icedove. For a number of reasons I will
>> stay
>> with Claws using POP - now I am getting an error message on 'Get Mail'
>> (and similar on sending):
>>
>> * Account '[name]': Connecting to POP3 server: [server]:[port]...
>> *** [server]:[port]: connection failed (Connection refused).
>>
>> - any suggestions, please? I've tried editing configurations and now
>> at
>> a loss for how to get Claws working on 2.0~rc1. I have it installed
>> and
>> saved with 'apt-get', and may also need further help on a better way
>> how
>> to save mail, configurations etc other than copying .claws-mail and
>> Mail
>> folders to Persistent before shutdown.
>
> I'm sorry but we're removing Claws from Tails and won't guarantee it's
> working or help you debug it anymore.
>
> But we'd be happy to see if we can maybe solve the reasons that
> prevented you from switching to Icedove.

Thanks Sajolida
Here's a few of the main reasons Icedove is not for me at the moment:

* 'Fetch headers only' doesn't work - blank download means retrieving
the message from the server
* There's no download message size limiter - good when data restrictions
need considering
* Headers display incorrectly - seems to freeze on one message when
selecting others.

I have really tried getting on with Icedove. I need a dependable client
in my everyday work. I'm no great fan of Claws, however its usability
and functionality is far better. And I use it with POP so the security
issue didn't affect me.

If you would like more information just let me know.
--
exit-1