Re: [Tails-project] Monthly reports

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: sajolida
À: Public mailing list about the Tails project
Sujet: Re: [Tails-project] Monthly reports
u:
> I am really missing our monthly reports which were so nicely done by
> BitingBird.
>
> I just figured for example that we did not announce that the website is
> now available in Farsi, that we released Tails Installer to Debian and
> Ubuntu.. and maybe other things which I am not that much involved in.
>
> Is there anybody here who would like to help writing these reports again?

I'd be up for continuing working on them.

What I'm lacking right now is some visibility of BitingBird's plans (and
some personal availability). She was the one to coordinate and publish
them some months ago, but then she was busy with personal stuff, and now
I don't know what she's up to, if she needs help, would like other to
take over, etc.

I think that having a single person volunteering to coordinate and put
them out is fragile. Having the responsibility shared amongst everybody
will probably not work either. Maybe we should do shifts and have
different person coordinate a report every X months.

I also repeatedly felt that it was hard to get people doing cool stuff,
actually put it in the report. Which would be the idea I think instead
of having some of us go through the whole Git history, mailing list
archives, etc. and hunt for gems, which is the painful part. But
unfortunately, I don't know how to change this.

Maybe lowering our expectations would work, and let's say that if you
don't report about you're cool stuff, then it won't be reported
automatically by others, and we could acknowledge that reports will be
partial. I think that's a good general direction to follow and make it
more realistic to always write them.