Re: [Tails-dev] Support of "go get" command

Author: sycamore one
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Support of "go get" command
intrigeri:
> What do you think should be do about it in Tails?
>
> I'm personally tempted to say: "nothing for the time being; those
> Tails users who actually use 'go get' will find ways around the
> limitations anyway;

This set unfortunately includes myself, but I would also say, that Tails
shouldn't do anything for the time being. I deliberately didn't open an
issue about "go get" not working.

> and for the other ones who would need $software,
> then someone needs to push $software into the relevant software
> repositories, that is Debian if their target users are Debian or Tails
> users".

Either Debian packages, as people are already doing with xmpp-client and
Pond, or just shell scripts like Coy is using

https://github.com/twstrike/coyim/blob/master/install_coyim_tails.sh

Cheers!