Re: [Tails-testers] ISO/DVD no boot

Author: intrigeri
To: Didier Rueda
CC: tails-testers
New-Topics: Re: [Tails-testers] ISO/DVD no boot
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] ISO/DVD no boot
Hi,

(quoting publicly with permission from Didier)

Didier Rueda wrote (31 Dec 2015 17:06:05 GMT) :
> thank you very mutch for your answer ! And congratulation ! You are
> making a really good job.

:)

> Yes, indeed, I had other versions of Tails before. since 1.0 (?) to
> 1.8.1. All versions were installed correctly, including when it was
> necessery to copy an ISO file to a DVD.

> I was on Tails 1.8.1, on Tor and your web page for downloading the 2.0
> image and signature. The verification of the signature was good.

> Then I stopped the computer to run Window 7 to copy the ISO on a DVD.

> Then I stopped Windows 7 and Started Tails from the DVD. I had the usual
> screen with the choice between "live" and "safe". The rebour account
> always stopped to 1 and restarted always and always. I tried to follow
> the instructions with TAB, but nothing worked.

> I downloaded a second time tails 2.0 and signature to be sur. Nothing
> worked.

> Then, i tried a third time to copy a new iso file (the third download)
> directly to a USB key (to avoid wasting DVD...) with a small program
> called "unetbootin_6-08_fr_282172 Usb bootable". But every time I could
> read that the image was was broken.

OK, thanks. This is super weird, because I really can't think of any
difference between 1.8.1 and 2.0~beta1 at *this* exact point of the
boot process.

For me to help I'll need more info:
https://tails.boum.org/doc/first_steps/bug_reporting/tails_does_not_start/#entirely