[Tails-testers] Some criticism about the 2.0 beta

Author: Spencer
To: Tails list for early testers
CC: Yui Hirasawa
Subject: [Tails-testers] Some criticism about the 2.0 beta
Hi,

> Yui Hirasawa:
> Hello. I don't really see the point in greeting me every time.

That's okay :) I do it mostly for formality, since much time often
passes by between messages.

> Probably. But this is extra work you have to do every time you boot up
> Tails.

I think this is a feature.

> Seems pointless to hide the buttons like that.

Yep.

> I used to have my own custom arch iso. Would be neat to have my own
> custom Tails iso as well. Would require some scripting to make the
> generation of the isos as easy as possible but I think it'd be worth
> it.

This is how all warez should be :) "Roll my own? Sure,... let me check
some boxes,... press start,... and take a piss,...;" It could be that
simple [for users].

> You mean like the windows style dragging to the sides? If so, that's
> not
> really tiling.

shellshape, ShellTile, and gTile are what I am thinking of. But no
worries, since this seems like it should be a native function and not an
add-on.

> Here is a short version of it...

Moved to tails-ux list [0].

Thanks a bunch for this and all your help. We are thinking through the
existing and ideal Tails startup experience and this information you
have shared is very valuable.

Wordlife,
Spencer

[0]: