Re: [Tails-testers] (no subject)

Author: intrigeri
To: hapon
CC: tails-testers
New-Topics: Re: [Tails-testers] Video playback
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] (no subject)
Hi,

(quoting for -testers@ with permission by hapon.)

hapon@??? wrote (01 Jan 2016 15:18:40 GMT) :
> Hello, my respose is in CAPS below for readability.

[I've already shared with hapon, off-list, my feelings wrt. full-caps
and text readability, so there's probably no need to add to it.]

> 31. Dec 2015 14:18 by intrigeri@???:
>> hapon@???> wrote (29 Dec 2015 19:17:21 GMT) :
>>> 2 issues found:
>>> 1. Suggestion, mouse at start-up should probably be set to medium speed
>>> and not slowest speed.
>>
>> Do you mean the mouse cursor's default speed is harming usability on
>> your hardware? If yes, then:     YES

OK. Sorry about that.

>> * How does it compare with Tails 1.8.1 in this respect?

>> 1.8.1 IS FINE AND SEEMS LIKE NORMAL SPEED FOR ME.

Thanks you.

>> MY ONLY SUGGESTION IS SET
>> THE DEFAULT TO MEDIUM (SIMILAR TO 1.8.1) SPEED FOR USABILITY AS IT IS A
>> MORE USER FRIENDLY SETTING.

I totally trust you when you say it will be more user-friendly for
you. This is useful information, thanks! My next step on this topic is
to check what we can do about it without making things worse for most
other users :)

>>  * I'm curious what input hardware you're using. Is it an external
>>    mouse, a touchpad, a trackpoint, anything else?

>> I AM USING AN EXTERNAL MOUSE.

OK.

>> On my side, I'll do some testing with the hardware I have handy:
>> https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/10811

Not done yet, stay tuned.

>>> 2. Problems with video playback on most sites. 1.8.1 does not have those
>>> issues.
>>
>> I'm afraid this is not specific enough to allow us to work on the
>> problem you're seeing. Can you please let us know exactly what you're
>> doing, how, and what's the outcome?

>> THE VIDEO PLAYBACK (HTML5) SIMPLY DOES NOT WORK ON MOST WEB SITES.  YOUTUBE
>> DOES FUNCTION BUT IS SLOW AND JERKY. VIDEO PLAYBACK IS WORKING FINE ON
>> 1.8.1

OK, I'll test this myself: https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/10835

Meanwhile, it would be appreciated if you could be more specific than
"simply does not work". So, once again: can you please let us know
exactly what you're doing, how, and what's the outcome?