[Tails-dev] Tails as a Qubes VM

Author: sp4rk
To: Tails Dev
New-Topics: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails as a Qubes VM
Subject: [Tails-dev] Tails as a Qubes VM
The issue seems to be the same bug reported previously.  I tried all the vga
boot parameters listed here:
http://www.pendrivelinux.com/vga-boot-modes-to-set-screen-resolution and also
some more.  353 and 355 were not available. The bug is probably related to
the 8 bit color depth, in all 8 bit modes no gui and the blinking icon
occured. All other modes worked, the gui is starting and you can run tor
browser after manually configuring the network. I didn't test any other
stuff. I also didn't run into the issue reported by Patrick where a part of
the windows is below dom0's task bar (could maybe be related to different
qubes versions).  All working vga modes seem to resize to the size of the
1024x768 window which is perfectly visible on my display.  The mouse is not
slow but sort of lagging behind so that often two cursor icons are visible.
Imho it is generally working well.
This was all done with the 1.7 release. I don't know if any changes relevant
for this bug took place for 1.8 but I could also give it a try.
The tails jessie nightly booted without problems to the gui however the mouse
pointer integration does not work only the keyboard. The failsafe mode does
work and appending "nomce" to the boot parameters of the normal mode also
leads to a working mouse pointer. There are the same minor issues as above
(window size, mouse behaviour) but in principle it also works well.

sp4rk