Re: [RSF] Reminder: We're adding Rome to the 11 cities and 6…

Author: pilar castel
To: info@peaceandjustice.it, susan, m.fratticcioli@libero.it, marcello biondo, cristina.torelli@fastwebnet.it, irene.tolu@libero.it, micserino@libero.it, mapi48@libero.it, Truman Peebles, forumroma@inventati.org
Subject: Re: [RSF] Reminder: We're adding Rome to the 11 cities and 6 countriesholding actions for Chelsea Manning
see you tomorrow . ciao, pilar

________________________________
Da: Announce <announce-bounces@???> per conto di USC4P&J Announcements <announce@???>
Inviato: mercoledì 16 dicembre 2015 18.06
A: announce

Reminder:

Dear members,

Please join us tomorrow, Thursday the 17th of December, if you can, to wish Chelsea Manning a happy birthday and to show our support for her and all whistleblowers who have been imprisoned and/or persecuted for telling us the truth about our government's culpibility in war crimes, torture and more. With wars raging and continuing to spread, we need less lies and subterfuge from our governments and media. We need to give our full support to whistleblowers like Manning.

Our message will be simple but clear: all imprisoned whistleblowers need to be freed, and in our fight towards this end we will never forget to thank them for their courage.

We'll have signs and a birthday cake and send photos to the organizers below and to Chelsea as well.

When: Thursday, 17 December at 4:30 pm
Where: Bar della Pace, via della Pace 3/7 (near Piazza Navona)

We are also joining activists in six other countries. See below for more info.

See you tomorrow,
U.S. Citizens for Peace & Justice - Rome

________________________________

Happy Birthday

CHELSEA MANNING!

Free her now!

Support all whistleblowers!

[cid:img_11307261_0]

So far, 11 ACTIONS IN 6 COUNTRIES...

Canada, Germany, Ireland, Romania, UK, US...

Let us<mailto:payday@paydaynet.org> know if you have an action where you are

Mainz<http://www.dfg-vk-mainz.de/aktuell/gefangene-fuer-den-frieden-2015/>      11 Dec - Letter writing to Prisoners of Peace
Berlin<https://www.freemanning.de/?p=7844>      12 Dec - Solidarity with Chelsea at Disruptive Network Lab
Detroit         12 Dec - Birthday celebration
Bucharest       17 Dec - Celebration at University Square
London  17 Dec - Speak out at Trafalgar Sq
Oakland<https://omnicommons.org/calendar/events/happy-birthday-chelsea-manning-free-her-now-support-all-whistle-blowers/>       17 Dec - Speak out, music, card signing at Omni Common
Crescent<https://www.facebook.com/events/738039339658009/>      17 Dec - Celebration in Chelsea's hometown!
Philadelphia    19 Dec - Letter writing and celebration
Boston  19 Dec - Birthday Vigil for Chelsea Manning
Vancouver<http://www.mawovancouver.org/>        19 Dec - Info table and petitioning
Dublin  For details contact: admin@???<mailto:admin@afri.ie>

Chelsea Manning will be 28 years old on this day. She is the trans woman whistleblower, US soldier, Grand Marshal<http://www.refusingtokill.net/Chelsea%20Manning/We%20stand%20with%20Chelsea.htm> at San Francisco Pride 2014, who leaked hundreds of thousands of documents to Wikileaks<https://wikileaks.org/> exposing the truth about US, UK and other governments’ war crimes<https://collateralmurder.wikileaks.org/> and corruption in Afghanistan<http://www.theguardian.com/media/2010/jun/16/wikileaks-us-military-afghanistan-garani>, Haiti<http://www.refusingtokill.net/Bradley%20Manning/Bradley%20Manning%20Haiti2.htm>, Iraq<https://wikileaks.org/irq/>, Israel & the Palestinian Authority<http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/news/wikileaks-expose-israel-offered-to-coordinate-cast-lead-with-egypt-and-fatah-1.327514>, Peru<http://wikileaks.org/cable/2005/08/05LIMA3609.html>, Venezuela<http://www.refusingtokill.net/Bradley%20Manning/Bradley%20Manning%20Wikileaks%20Venez%20final4LONDON.htm> . . . In doing so, she helped save many lives. Chelsea was Imprisoned in 2010 and held for months under torturous conditions; in August 2013 she was sentenced to 35 years.

>From prison Chelsea has written<http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/dec/08/chelsea-manning-transgender-rights> against the police killings<http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2014/dec/08/chelsea-manning-transgender-secret-us-army> of young people of colour in the US, and in support<http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/nov/25/dot-let-isis-crimes-dictate-how-address-refugee-crisis-privacy> of immigrants and refugees – including queer and transgender people.

An appeal to quash Chelsea Manning’s conviction is being put forward by her legal team and will be announced in late 2015 or early 2016. We must get her out!

Sign the petition<https://www.chelseamanning.org/pardonpetition> for Obama to pardon Chelsea.

Donations<https://www.chelseamanning.org/press/chelsea-manning-defense-fund> to her legal fund are needed also.
For more info: Chelsea Manning Support Network<http://www.chelseamanning.org/>

Despite mass protest, the UK Parliament has just voted to bomb Syria (see Payday’s letter here<http://www.refusingtokill.net/UKGulfwar2/Dont%20bomb%20Syria.htm>). Whistleblowers like Chelsea and now former US drone operators have blown the whistle on the killing of civilians during bombing.

We have a responsibility to defend all whistleblowers who are persecuted for telling the truth about murder and war crimes, rape, torture, neglect, underfunding, starvation wages, corruption . . . in the military, prison, detention centres, police, hospitals, care homes, and every institution.

Support Whistleblowers<http://www.refusingtokill.net/Whistleblowers/Whistleblowersindex.htm>

[cid:img_11307261_1]

Julian Assange<http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/aug/23/women-against-rape-julian-assange>

[cid:img_11307261_2]

Eileen Chubb<http://www.compassionincare.com>

[cid:img_11307261_3]

Edward Snowden<http://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2013/jun/09/nsa-whistleblower-edward-snowden-interview-video>

[cid:img_11307261_4]

[cid:img_11307261_5]

Dallas 6<http://www.refusingtokill.net/PrisonUS/Dallas6AA-email-international3.htm>

[cid:img_11307261_6]

[cid:img_11307261_7]

Drones Whistleblowers<http://www.refusingtokill.net/Drones/Drones_whistleblowers.htm>

Queer Strike<mailto:queerstrike@queerstrike.net> [cid:img_11307261_8]
UK: +44 (0) 20 7482 2496
US: 001 415-626 4114

Payday <mailto:payday@paydaynet.org> www.refusingtokill.net<http://www.refusingtokill.net>

UK: +44 (0)20 7267 8698
US: 001 215 848 1120

HOME<http://ymlp407.com/index.html>

_______________________________________________ USC4P&J Announce mailing list This is read only mailing list. If you wish to communicate with U.S. Citizens for Peace & Justice, send an email to info@??? To unsubscribe to this list, send an email to Announce-request@??? with the word unsubscribe in the subject or body. If you have any problems unsubscribing, please contact info@???.