Re: [Tails-dev] Prioritize onion servers in Electrum

Author: s7r
To: Michael English, The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Prioritize onion servers in Electrum
Hello Michael,

Fixed. We have 2.5.4-2 in unstable now (includes the patch), which
will transition to testing on 09.12.2015 - hope that's in time.

prefnet=tor will take some time and involve many things, so we
shouldn't count on it just yet. First, there are very few .onion
Electrum servers. We need at least one or two .onion servers hardcoded
so users can use them for 'bootstrap' (getting information about other
servers).

There's no big issue if users connect to clearnet Electrum servers via
Tor for the time being, except slight performance issues (sometimes it
takes little longer to connect, because servers are behind DoS
mitigation services which filter Tor, etc.).