Re: [Tails-dev] Releasing automated tests

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Releasing automated tests
Hi,

anonym wrote (28 Oct 2015 16:52:31 GMT) :
> Then I think we can combine the "..." operator with another fancy Git
> feature I recently found, namely Git pathspec "magic signatures". So we
> could do:

>    BASE_BRANCH_DIFF="$(git diff $base_branch...$commit  -- \
>                            '*' \
>                            ':!/wiki' \
>                            ':!/ikiwiki.setup' \
>                            ':!/ikiwiki-cgi.setup')"
>    if [ -z "${BASE_BRANCH_DIFF}" ]; then
>        CUCUMBER_ARGS="${CUCUMBER_ARGS} --tag @doc"
>    fi

> where $commit is the commit we test, before merging the base branch
> locally. Interesting!

So, it seems that the current proposal is to skip the temporary
workaround (name-based filtering), and instead directly do
content-based filtering. Fine by me!

What's missing is:

* the list of scenarios that shall be tagged @doc: at least the one
anonym mentioned earlier in this thread; plus "check all PO files"
I guess; the WhisperBack tests once they have been written; more?

* some process to make sure we tag scenarios @doc whenever relevant;
I think we'll forget from time to time, and it's fine, because
we'll be adding such scenarios very rarely; so perhaps a yearly
check by the RM (e.g. 1st release of the year) is good enough?

* and finally, some Redmine tickets describing this decision and the
timeline of its implementation.

bertagaz: once we have all that, please reassign #10492 to me for
review.