Re: [Tails-dev] Releasing automated tests

Author: bertagaz
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Releasing automated tests
Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 04:52:31PM +0000, anonym wrote:
> sajolida:
> > anonym:
> >> sajolida:

Intrigeri, what's on your opinion on the proposed way to blacklist them
made in this thread by anonym and sajolida (see below)? It's not based
on their name anymore.

That seems to be the consensus here then, unless someone else raises.

> Then I think we can combine the "..." operator with another fancy Git
> feature I recently found, namely Git pathspec "magic signatures". So we
> could do:
>
>    BASE_BRANCH_DIFF="$(git diff $base_branch...$commit  -- \
>                            '*' \
>                            ':!/wiki' \
>                            ':!/ikiwiki.setup' \
>                            ':!/ikiwiki-cgi.setup')"
>    if [ -z "${BASE_BRANCH_DIFF}" ]; then
>        CUCUMBER_ARGS="${CUCUMBER_ARGS} --tag @doc"
>    fi

> where $commit is the commit we test, before merging the base branch
> locally. Interesting!

Agree, I like this way to encode it. Sounds at least like a nice baby
step to begin with, simple and effective.

This whole thread remembered me the discussion we had earlier about
feature branches, and made me think (again) we could as well use the
cucumber tag facility to lighten the number of tests: if building from a
feature|test branch, run with the --tag $branch_name, so developers can
choose which test they want their branch to be tested against. May be
useful for some branches were we know that it'll break some tests. But
we dropped this idea.

So if everyone agree on the proposal made here by anonym and sajolida, I
guess that's now a new "Code" ticket.

bert.