Re: [Tails-dev] [Tails - Feature #5991] Include BitTorrent s…

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] [Tails - Feature #5991] Include BitTorrent software
Spencer:
>>> I'm in favor of documenting how to use Torrent over I2P
>
> How should this move forward? Reading the last message I think I
> assigned it to you without asking; my bad :)
>
> I can figure out how to document this but I thought I should ask first:
> should I be the one to document this?

It's great if you want to work on this yourself. I think that to start
with, you could:

1. Test this yourself as I'm afraid nobody else has enough knowledge
about this to really help you.

2. Look for other documentation about this online. For example, is there
any documentation about that already written by I2P.

3. Write a step-by-step synopsis of the actions needed to download a
torrent in Tails, from booting it to accessing the downloaded file in
Nautilus for example.

4. While doing so, gather any relevant information that makes it special
to use BitTorrent in the context of Tails but might not be part of the
step-by-step synopsis nor of external reference documentation (if any).

Then you can send me all this information and I'll help you structure
the documentation.

You should also read our guidelines [0] and the GNOME Style Guide [1]
but this can come after gathering all this info.

[0]: https://tails.boum.org/contribute/how/documentation/guidelines/
[1]: http://developer.gnome.org/gdp-style-guide/2.32/