Re: [Tails-dev] Installation Assistant (+ ISO Verification …

Author: Giorgio Maone
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Installation Assistant (+ ISO Verification Extension + Tails Install in Debian): release schedule
On 30/11/2015 20:32, sajolida wrote:
> Giorgio Maone:
>> thank you for your time filing those tickets :)
>>
>> Unfortunately I can't look at them closely until Monday because I'm
>> traveling, so please forgive me if the answers to my questions below
>> could be easily found by examining their details.
> I don't think that there is any new information in these tickets,
> outside from what we already discussed on the list.

Now that I could read them no, indeed :)

>>> - A beta release in time for 1.8 (December 15). The assistant would be
>>> advertised in the release notes, maybe tweet about it and send a mail to
>>> tails-testers. That's tracked by #8590 and subtasks.
>> I will certainly try, but I'm not sure I can fix all those issues by
>> then because I'm gonna attend Mozilla's December work-week in Orlando
>> (AKA "Mozlando"), from 7 to 12, and I'm pretty sure I won't own the
>> golden share on my time, there.
> Ok, so we'll try to react quickly this week (before the 7) if you have
> questions or are blocked. Then we'll leave you alone from the 7th to the
> 12th.

Perfect.

>> However, if you set some kind of priority on them, I'll start from the
>> highest attempting to fix as much as possible, always aiming for the
>> full package of course.
> Ok, so I set elevated prio on:
>
> - #10686: Network disconnection shouldn't make download fail in DAVE
> - #10678: Prevent DAVE from reloading the page every 10s
>
> And lowered prio on:
>
> - #10685: Change in IDF should reset DAVE (← needs a confirmation)

Confirmed, DAVE currently fetches the IDF (and therefore resets itself)
every time either the browser starts, or the extension gets
updated/installed/enabled after being disabled.
Therefore this ticket is basically about forcing the IDF to be reloaded
every time you load the UI page, or even more often (e.g. by setting a
timer which reloads it every 3 minutes or so if the UI is currently
shown), correct?
> Just to clarify, my bullet point referred to the work on Tails
> Installer done with intrigeri and u, so there's no implication for you
> I think. But yes, once you committed a fix in your repo you should
> mark your tickets as "Ready for QA" and assigned to me (or tchou).
> Regarding the deadline, as none of our work goes into the actual ISO
> image, our deadline is only to be ready when 1.5 is announced. That's
> on Tuesday 15 late CET. I think that our work should be done on Monday
> 14 so I can have some time on Tuesday to integrate everything on the
> website, make sure everything works as expected, write the release
> notes, etc.

Roger

> Regarding your schedule, when would you do the process to upload to AMO?
> Before the 7? Between the 7 and the 12?

Most likely between the 8 and the 11, when I'll be working
shoulder-to-shoulder with the AMO admin themselves and help it to be
approved immediately.

-- G