Re: [Tails-l10n] (review)[de] wiki/src/doc/first_steps/persi…

Author: Muri Nicanor
To: tails-l10n
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] (review)[de] wiki/src/doc/first_steps/persistence/change_passphrase.de.po
hi

On 11/09/2015 12:24 PM, spriver wrote:
> Hi,
> how should we proceed here (and in the future)? Flapflap's branch
> contains the simplified sentences, Muri's doesn't. IMHO I like the
> sentences split up into two more.

yes, me too

> Maybe we could also patch the
> original into two sentences at this place?

https://gitlab.com/muri/tails.git
[muri/doc-fix-long-sentence_chpp 127bab4] fixed long sentence for easier
readability

> Any opinions?

i don't know about the second sentence. if it is a problem (which i
don't think) i think it should be fixed in the original, not in the
translation.
my approach is this: i make the german version easier. then i try to
translate back to english. if the english version is now easier to read,
than its a bug in the original and it should be fixed there.

so:
> In the right pane, select the persistent volume partition, labelled
> Encrypted by clicking on it.

becomes:
> Klicken Sie im rechten Fensterbereich auf die Partition des
> beständigen Speicherbereichs mit dem Namen Verschlüsselt

becomes:
> In the right pane click on the persistent volume partition labelled
> Encrypted

(but maybe my simplified english is not good correct?)

cheers,
muri