Re: [Tails-l10n] (de) Discuss: translation accuracy

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: spriver
À: Tails localization discussion
Sujet: Re: [Tails-l10n] (de) Discuss: translation accuracy
Hi,
thanks for starting the discussion.

flapflap:
> (moved to new thread)
>
> Muri Nicanor:
>> hi,
>>
>> On 11/01/2015 05:48 PM, flapflap wrote:
>>> - some sentences simplified/long sentences split into two.
>>
>> i think it would be best to stay as close to the english original as
>> possible. especially when the english original changes after the
>> translation.
>> you can also simplify the english original by proposing patches.
>>
>> cheers,
>> muri
>
> In general I agree, for example, I think the order from sentence to
> sentence should be kept.

ACK. No rephrasing of whole texts etc. Just single sentences ;)

> However, I think it is ok to change the order (of sub-clauses) within a
> sentence.

I think this is already the case in some places in our documentation. We
should stay as near as possible and as free in German as needed
(regarding to rephrasing etc.)

> The translation should also sound natural since some sentence constructs
> are perfectly fine in English but aren't in German, for instance
> sentences with many subordinate clauses usually work quite well in
> English but get even longer in German. In cases were this happens, I
> like to split these and repeat the subject the former sub-clause
> referred to.

Also ACK. We are translating a documentation for end-users and I think
that we should not expect too much technical knowledge of typical users
and therefore the documentation should be well written and even better
readable.

Cheers!
spriver