[Tails-l10n] (de) Discuss: translation accuracy

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: flapflap
À: tails-l10n
Sujet: [Tails-l10n] (de) Discuss: translation accuracy
(moved to new thread)

Muri Nicanor:
> hi,
>
> On 11/01/2015 05:48 PM, flapflap wrote:
>> - some sentences simplified/long sentences split into two.
>
> i think it would be best to stay as close to the english original as
> possible. especially when the english original changes after the
> translation.
> you can also simplify the english original by proposing patches.
>
> cheers,
> muri

In general I agree, for example, I think the order from sentence to
sentence should be kept.
However, I think it is ok to change the order (of sub-clauses) within a
sentence.
The translation should also sound natural since some sentence constructs
are perfectly fine in English but aren't in German, for instance
sentences with many subordinate clauses usually work quite well in
English but get even longer in German. In cases were this happens, I
like to split these and repeat the subject the former sub-clause
referred to.

Also when the English version is updated, one needs to review the
complete string anyway.

Cheers,
~flapflap