Re: [Tails-ux] Greeter revamp: prototype time?

Author: Lunar
To: Tails user experience & user interface design
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] Greeter revamp: prototype time?
Spencer:
> >Lunar:
> >I have doubts about the “Save Privacy Changes” as it is now regarding
> >network related settings.
> >

> Network privacy.

Sorry, but I don't understand your comment.

> >The fact that I need to disable MAC Address
> >spoofing or use Tor bridges is going to depend mostly on the network I'm
> >connecting to.
> >

> Which might *always* be the same network; some people never leave their
> house.

Sure. Although that would work just as well if we would save these
settings for each network instead.

But if we do this per network (maybe in a not-so-distant future), we
shouldn't offer the possibility to save the settings globally.

> >The thing I would want to save is “I need to hide that
> >I'm using Tails (as much as possible)” though.
> >

> Will you provide a short story on how you see that experience functioning?

Basically this would add more confirmation screens before probing the
network. Because trying to connect to the Tor network directly might
trigger alarm, so we need to offer a possibility to use bridges and
pluggable transports as first choice.

> Also, you might be looking for Tails-whonix :p

Not sure I understand.

--
Lunar                                             <lunar@???>