Re: [Tails-project] Apply Creative Commons

Author: Christopher Sheats
Subject: Re: [Tails-project] Apply Creative Commons
Hi,

On 10/14/2015 03:25 AM, sajolida wrote:
> I'm fine with b). We could say that everything under wiki/src is
> CC-BY-SA 4.0. What would this imply in terms of work?
>
>   - Making sure that this proposal is technically correct:
>     - That we are allowed to do that (and under which conditions).
>     - That we can still copy stuff from wiki/src elsewhere where the
>       GPL applies (in the code for example).
>   - Rework /doc/about/license.
>   - Add the text of CC-BY-SA under wiki/src?
>   - Contact everybody who contributed to wiki/src?

> Anything else?
>
> Christopher, if you know a bit of Git and are ready to work on this it
> will probably take you less time than to rephrase our warnings enough to
> be legally acceptable :)

I have not used Git (ie: I am not a software engineer), but I have a
GitHub account that I use for contributing bug reports. It must be an
easy process using Debian/Ubuntu.

If I can help Tails by updating existing docs or creating new docs, I am
comfortable with that. Anything else I would need further education. I
am a Seattle local if that helps.

Christopher