Re: [Tails-dev] PATCH: Small improvements to contribute/how/…

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] PATCH: Small improvements to contribute/how/documentation.mdwn
BitingBird:
> Jesse W:
>> As promised in my last email, two small improvements to
>> contribute/how/documentation.mdwn
>>
>> https://gitlab.com/JesseW/tails/commits/add_doc_contrib_info
>>
>> Any suggestions of particular other doc pages that are in the greatest
>> need of native English speaking ears (pun intended)?
>
> I'll let sajolida do the patch review

I'll do that soon.

> but as pages to proff-read, I'd
> recommend to start with the core pages:
> https://tails.boum.org/contribute/l10n_tricks/core_po_files.txt
>
> Those are also the ones that are translated first, and are the basic
> documentation. I guess starting with the first-level ones, then the
> about, then the get, and finally the first steps would be the logical
> order, but whatever works for you is fine :)

Yes, but you shouldn't work on any of these:

- /download
- /doc/get
- /doc/first_steps/installation
- /doc/first_steps/upgrade

as we're working on replacing them with a new web tool:

https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/bootstrapping/assistant/

As part of this if you want to work the development of this you could
review
https://git-tails.immerda.ch/tails/tree/wiki/src/install/win/usb.mdwn?h=web/assistant